Friday 6 July, 2007

Lakshyam


Lakshyam means ambition, mission, target. Lakshyam stars Gopichand (fresh from Okkadunnadu), Jagapathi Babu (fresh from Pellaina Kothalo), Anushka (dont remember her last movie. I think it is Vishnu's Asthram) and Kalyani (very comfortable in character roles after her marriage). No pre-release hype about the movie. But one could see lot of crowds everywhere in the theatre as there is no other telugu movie release weeks before and after this movie.

Lakshyam is a story about Gopichand and Jagapathi Babu. Jagapathi Babu is an honest cop. Gopichand is Jagapathi Babu's brother. Jagapathi Babu gets murdered and Gopichand's lakshyam is to take revenge.

There is absolutely nothing new in the movie. The first half is ok while the second half should have been cut short. Gopichand is good and seems to be working hard to improve. Jagapathi Babu shows that at times he can give controlled performance. Anushka has put on little weight. Maybe she is not getting enough time for Yoga. Songs are ok. Brahmanandam, Venu Madhav and Raghubabu were not properly utilized. Raghubabu is getting monotonous in his repeated roles as hero's assistant. The romantic scenes between Gopichand and Anushka are ok. There should have been variety at least in these episodes as the remaining movie is anyway routine. Okkadunnadu was good as the hero doesnt rely just on his muscle power. I liked that. But its sheer muscle power here in Lakshyam.

Category A and B audience like me can watch out of their compulsive nature to watch the movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.